Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kickstarter

So I'm attempting something new today. I really want a collectors edition of the first five books of the Priscilla the Great series with hardcovers and brand new artwork. I estimate that the entire project will cost me around $6000. So instead of putting myself in debt, I'm going to give crowdfunding a try. I did a little research and decided to go with Kickstarter. The way the program works is that you explain what you need the money for and then offer a series of rewards for people who decide to back you financially. If you raise the money, you are responsible for getting all the rewards to the backers. If you don't raise the money, all bets are off and no one gets anything. So I figure I have nothing to lose. But now that the program is running, I'm not really sure how to go about promoting it. I'm too afraid that it seems like begging. Anyway, check it out if you have a moment.

Sybil's Kickstarter Page

No comments:

Post a Comment