Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tip #40: A Social Media Recipe

I’ve decided to try what I call my Social Media Recipe. It’s like my daily social media to do list. I know what I should be doing each day, but sometimes it’s hard to keep up. I’ll get online and then easily get sidetracked by other interesting things. Before I know it an hour has passed and I can barely remember why I got on the computer in the first place, let alone what blogs I was supposed to visit. So here is what I plan to do each day.

o Prissy Fit post

o Marketing blog post

o Ten tweets

o Respond to tweets

o Respond to blog comments

o Facebook posts

o Visit ten blogs

o Work on Priscilla the Great Newsletter for 10 minutes

o Work on LPP newsletter for 10 minutes

o Work on Leslie DuBois Newsletter 5 minutes

I plan on doing this every night for an hour during the Daily Show and The Colbert Report. A lofty goal, I know. But if I can get half of that done on a regular basis, I’ll be happy. Hopefully, I’ll be able to do this pretty consistently so that when I get busy at school, I’ll be able to take a couple of days off without getting to far behind. And this is just online marketing. I need another hour to dedicate to my print promotion efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment