Monday, January 23, 2012

Tip #23: Alternative Marketing

Sometimes you have to think outside the box when you’re marketing. That’s what I have to start doing. I’ll give you an example. Another author who has a YA dance novel out similar to my Queen Bee series gave me the idea to advertise in local dance programs. Brilliant. I bought an ad for only $25 in the annual dance program for the studio my girls go to. I also left a copy of the book in the waiting room. So get creative and figure out nonstandard ways to market your book.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with that - brilliant idea. Whodathunk it? Just a casual conversation with another author who writes something similar to your series. Hope it really helps boost sales. If nothing else, it will get your name in the hands of potential readers.

    Good luck with everything you are doing - E :)

    Elysabeth Eldering
    Author of Finally Home, a YA paranormal mystery
    "The Proposal" (an April Fools Day story), a humorous romance ebook
    "The Tulip Kiss", a paranormal romance ebook
    "Bride-and-Seek", a paranormal romance ebook
    "Butterfly Halves", a YA fantasy ebook
    http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com
    http://eeldering.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete